1.4.0 Windows Crashes Every Time After Multi-Image

Please specify how I find the details for a crash report. I’m not usually a windows user.

I’d suggest sending an email to support with a link to this Topic and ask them what would be useful to help troubleshoot the crash.

Did you confirm that the issue is related to storage?

You may find the following helpful when looking for the logs of events on Windows.

Happens with 2 images as well. Removing a bunch of files didn’t change behavior.

Is this the minimum steps to reproduce?

1. Have 2 images on one layer
  2. Send; Burn
  3. Disable layer
  4. Enable separate layer with 2 images
  5. Send
  6. Crash

If you can confirm minimum steps I’ll attempt to reproduce. Are you also using print and cut at the same time or is that not related?

1 Like

From yesterday, yet the concepts remain the same. We need you to provide the exact steps you take to produce this undesirable result.

I am using 2 stacks of images in a jig, and the crash happens every time when I try to communicate with the laser after finishing a job.

It seems that Lightburn is not releasing the laser properly and then is trying to reconnect with it but Windows thinks it never disconnected (correction, rather than the laser).

The file I am using can be found at this Dropbox link (too large to upload here): https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfl7t0eiitd0w8k/Cube%20Jig%20-%20Foam%20Board%20-%204%20inch.lbrn2?dl=0

The file includes the images configured in the exact way I am using them.

I am using Print and cut to align with the top left and bottom right targets (in yellow).

I wasn’t able to recreate the crash.

But also wasn’t able to follow all the steps. Something is odd with the file so Print & Cut wasn’t behaving properly. Didn’t explore it very far.

I ran 2 images, then attempted to run a 3rd. Did not experience a crash. Note that I used Start rather than Send, however.

Other than the oddity with the Print and Cut, I noticed that the faces show up in an Image layer but don’t otherwise behave like an image. For example, Adjust Image doesn’t seem to be an option on these images. How were these images brought into LightBurn?

Other thing I noticed is that the images themselves seem unnecessarily large. Look to be about 4 MB each. Any reason for this?

Can you attempt to run these without Print and Cut and using Start button to see if the crash can be reproduced that way?

1 Like

I think tomorrow I can find some time to figure out an acceptable place to cut with manual alignment.

The images were drag and dropped into Lightburn on a mac. They are grouped together, that is probably why they are not acting like images (when only one shows it’s easy not to notice).

They are sized to the cut size @ the desired DPI (3.9" x 3.9" @ 283dpi).

I have been using send and the start button.

1 Like

Indeed that’s the case. Didn’t realize just how many photos there were. I’m curious if some of the hidden layers were responsible for the oddity in Print and Cut.

I can see that now after ungrouping. Surprised this results in such a large output It was sending about 4MB of data. If my math checks out this should be around 660KB.

Ok.

FWIW, crash does not occur with only one stack of images. Will report back as I do the other test tomorrow.

Note that I did 2 stacks where there was only one image on each stack actually output.

The idea is that each stack has 6 layers, one per cube face. Only one cube face can be cut at a time, then the cube has to be rotated. Using 6 layers and turning each off/on in succession has been the best solution I have found so far to managing all the cube faces.

I was able to sort that out based on the earlier revelation about the grouped photos. I just wanted to be explicit in what I had done from the perspective of documenting for reproducibility purposes.

Now that I re-read I see we were saying the same thing :slight_smile:

Have you tried to clean up your PC/ Laptop by doing some housekeeping on it? If there is not enough spare space for the program and operating system to use it can crash program. Also, ensure that there is no large drain on graphics - like screen saver or wallpaper with massive graphics in it.

The issue is Lightburn not the PC. Still need to follow up on additional tests. Things are very busy this week. Will do so and get back and soon as I can.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Ruida, Connection issues after 1.4.00 update

So a single 142dpi image (organized the same way in a stack of images) using print and cut causes Lightburn to hang after every cut. This happens whether sending the file or starting from Lightburn. The only way to prevent the hang that I have found is to power cycle the laser after the cut before asking Lightburn to do anything. If you ask Lightburn to do anything at all before power cycling, it hangs every time.

How do I get more useful information that I can provide toward getting this bug fixed?

No support for this crash?