160º Camera for k40 with close lid?

Hi, i was wondering if i can use a 160ºcamera to use with my k40 with gerbil.
I would position the camera on the close lid, just over the working area, and it should be able to see it while having the machine lid closed. I have enough distance 119mm for focal view the working area of 32x24cm i checked on the camera selection help.

My doubt is that the deformation caused by the 160º camera will worse my work, should i keep with a 60º lens and position it at 40 cm with the lid open. Is it really a difference on quality , or in the work i will be able to do, for this 32x24cm working area?

Hope you understand what i tried to say. Its really a huge quality improvement in 60º vs º160º after calibrating? because 160º look like will allow me a better camera handling position.

Thank you for your help

It will be a little less precise on the sides, because of the high image distortion there, but it will still be quite usable. I can’t say how much better or worse it will be like this - I haven’t measured the difference.

I have tried your idea of placing my camera in the lid, my thinking was the same as yours that it will be smart. But unfortunately, I couldn’t make the crooked angle fit for a workable result. I have to open the lid as in the picture, but it works perfectly for me.
I’m sorry but I don’t know the angle of my optics, I bought it for my first diode laser before I found Lightburn.

https://forum.lightburnsoftware.com/t/never-touch-a-running-system/16096?u=bernd.dk

I did use a 160 degree camera on my k40 (basic 8x12 working area stretched to 9x13, but I did have to make a bulged plexi window to raise the camera about 3 inches higher than the lid normally would allow.
That said it works well and precision is close enough to work to the edges.
Fred

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.