2 laser with different origins

Hi folks

Has the issue with text and two different lasers been resolved? Last discussion I’ve seen was as per attached photo

With the latest versions of LightBurn, you can now open a job from a machine with a different origin, and it will properly orient the job based on the origin of the machine you have selected when the job is opened. What you have to do, is select the correct device profile, then open up the job. If you open a job and switch to a different device profile that has a different origin while the job is open, it will still flip thing around though.

I’m sure I’ve been doing this since pre 1.0

Device settings tell Lightburn how the laser is configured, including it’s origin. Different machine different device.

As he mentioned, change devices and then load the project.

:smile_cat:

Actually, the Automatic Flipping of Load Projects was introduced in LightBurn 1.3.xx:

Don’t know about that… I was using multiple lasers with lightburn and never had a problem. I think I’d have noticed a difference when I ran my co2 device based on my ssl settings…

If your machines all have the same origin, you wouldn’t notice it. It’s only when using machines with different origins.

1 Like

Co2 homes left/back, one of the ssl use left/front the other right/rear. Although I run everything in mm/s, I can configure each for anything and it follows them.

I remember what you’re talking about that the origin wouldn’t follow the machine… I never had that issue, so I’ll have to follow your lead.

Although, I think I would have noticed…?

Definitely should have noticed, as if you opened a file with different origin, the image would either be upside down, backwards or both.

Yep… sometimes I forget to start with an empty or new project and I to witness the art flip/mirror.

1 Like

Thanks for the guidance on my problem.
Cheers

1 Like