3 different cuts --> Rotate scan angle --> repeat x 10 - how?

I contacted support but and they’ve been very helpful, but apparently I’m an idiot and their response isn’t making sense to me so rather than continue to bother them I’ll ask here.

Simply, I want this to happen.

I want to run three different cuts on one simple design (a filled circle, for example), then change the scan angle, and repeat those three cuts. I want that sequence to repeat ten times. It doesn’t even have to be automatic as I realize that functionality doesn’t exist yet. The problem I am running into is that the layers only allow for 11 different cuts total so I can’t run those three cuts ten times with ten different scan angles because that would be 30 cuts/sublayers (unless I use multiple instances of the design, which would be tedious if I want to run a sequence like that 30 times, for example, on a deeper engrave). Thanks.

Have you tried stacking a filled circle, to use your example? Using Duplicate creates the object, on the same layer from which it was created, but selects that object in the process (or leaves the original selected) allowing you to then pick another layer number.

You would then be able to edit the parameters for each of the duplicated circles to allow your rotation of angle.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I meant when I said ‘multiple instances of the same design’. That seems like the only solution at this point. It just seems a little tedious with a large number of passes. I’m hoping better autorotation is implemented at some point (autorotation that happens after each job-run repetition.)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.