50W Ruida Laser on eBay with Rotary attachment - Got a Seller?

I am considering this [eBay 50W 110V CO2 Laser Engraving Cutting Machine Engraver Cutter 300*500mm w.Rotary(https://www.ebay.com/itm/50W-110V-CO2-Laser-Engraving-Cutting-Machine-Engraver-Cutter-300-500mm-w-Rotary/321607814507?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D58647%26meid%3Da29ff36e3e164c7db95cf24a8cb634eb%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Des%26sd%3D253234893520%26itm%3D321607814507&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851).

I am not new to lasers. I have been using our Epilog laser at the the hackerspace (PS1 Chicago) for years and recently the Boss and Universal lasers. At work, we have a Trotec laser. I am looking for a small one for home that I can use for smaller projects and gifts and also one with a rotary atachment.

I like what I see with the eBay link except I sent the seller a question last week and have yet to get a response. Does anyone have a seller they recommend for a machine like the one I posted? I definetly want the rotary attachment as well.

I am looking to save space and money with a smaller footprint machine. If I need something laser in power or bes size I can go to work or the makerspace. I love what I’ve seen with Lightburn so far in tutorials and I will be definitely be adding the camera.

Thanks for your help
-David

A mate just bought this one and it gets delivered on Wednesday to US east coast.

If you are willing to wait a few days, I can tell you what his opinion is: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DSP1060-100W-Co2-USB-Laser-Cutting-Laser-Machine-Auto-Focus-DSP-Engraver-Chiller/392220092474

It’s larger than you’re looking at, but the same company does 5070/6040 sized machines too.

I bought basically the same 50 watt laser off of Amazon. From Oriontech. Same setup and surely made ultimately at the same chinese factory. It was a little bit more money but it was already in the US at a warehouse. Took about 8 days to get to me. They are a bit heavy compared to a hobby 40 watt but also much more beefy.
https://www.amazon.com/Engraving-Cutting-Machine-Engraver-Auxiliary/dp/B01AJIMCKS/ref=sr_1_1?crid=97AIQ22QVN2B&keywords=50+watt+laser&qid=1572974347&s=arts-crafts&sprefix=50+watt%2Carts-crafts%2C175&sr=1-1
I have had mine for over a year and use it constantly. Have not had any issues. I did pull the exhaust fan and used a 6" variable speed fan also off of Amazon that cost me 50 bucks. It pulls up to 350 CFM and actually pulls all smoke out even with the lid open. the stock fan sucks…well actually it doesn’t which is why I yanked it.
This model is sold all over the net so it comes down to where you feel comfortable buying. I just have a Prime account and AMazon CC card so it was easier to deal with it there. I could have found it a bit cheaper but figuring in overseas shipping and such this, to me, was the easiest.
Since all of the sellers are simply selling sealed crated lasers the possibility of getting a good or bad laser is most likely the same right. As for support well again about the same as they are all eCommerce store fronts for Asian sellers. Easy to tell as soon as they send you a message in broken English, so again similar risk factor on that front. But for the price the risk is minimal and they are usually easy to fix. Plus buying off ebay or amazon you have SOME push back to get a replacement if the machine arrives DOA.
When I get ready for an 80 watt I will buy from them again since most sellers are selling the same lasers.

Thank you. I would be interested in hearing what they think of it.

cheers
-David

@shughey thank you. this is what I was imagining as far as the supplier and shipping. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.