5W diode Unable to get edges on a baby photo on Birch Plywood

Hi,

I’m trying to engrave a baby pic on my 5W grbl based machine.

I dont seem to get the edges properly. I removed background in photoshop and exported it as png file. So the background is transparent.

I tried with multiple sharpness/brightness/enhancements in lightburn. Here are some images with original color image:

I kinda like the last one but theer are no details in the image on the toys. Alsomore imp, body specially face and hands are not coming out clearly. They almost have no boundary, with lighter birch.

I’m not into editing photos, so may be its more difficult to find whats wrong. Posting to get a solution or advise.

Cheers

Check this thread.

1 Like

I did check it before posting… But could not find what I was looking for. And the guy had taken settings from lasergrbl. Even after that I see he had no details in the shirt and no clear boundry on lighter areas. In my case I don’t want to darken the image unnecessarily. I just want to have boundaries of the kids body… Specially at hand and face where it’s too light and merges with the background wood.

I’m pretty ok with my Lightburn settings in last image… Just need to define a clear edge on hand and face

Select the image, right-click and click either ‘Adjust Image’ or ‘Show Properties’. Add an ‘Enhance Radius’ value of about 5, and an ‘Enhance Amount’ of 200 or so. That will make the edges engrave sharper and help add definition to the result. If you go as high as 600 or so with the Enhance Amount, it can make edges stand out very strongly, like this:

I also usually set the gamma value to 0.7, which helps bring up the mid-tone shades, and lets you use a little more power.

3 Likes

Hi, what Kind of laser use?

1 Like

As we can see here. I do photos , but my machine laser is a ATOMSTACK 40W and use the software light burning

1 Like

Let me show you original photo

1 Like

Nicely done! I have the AtomStack A5 “pro” and a CO2 laser which is just a paper weight right now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.