9.05 Issue with Start Position

Very happy with lightburn on my X-carve Win 10 machine until I loaded ver 9.05. When I start a job now (current position - center of job) my machine races to lower left corner exceeding limits before returning to center position to start job.

Hi Michael - Does it also do this in the preview window? If so, it’s possible your design has a stray empty object, which happens on occasion (I’ve been working to find these and remove them, but it seems I haven’t caught them all yet)

If you do a drag-select around the origin of the workspace, and catch something, delete it, and try it again.

If that’s not clear, let me know, and I’ll set up an example to show you.

Thank you fro your quick reply. I can’t find any stray objects even when I use the select all option. As a test, I loaded an old known file and it ran perfectly under 9.05. I believe there is something wrong with the SVG file I purchased on ETSY. I will find an alternate file to work with.

If you select right to left instead of left to right, it’ll grab anything it touches. You might also have to ungroup the imported file to see it.

If it’s a bad SVG, would you be willing to email it to me so I can try to catch what’s happening? Developer at LightBurnSoftware dot com.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.