Absolutely not able to connect to LM2 to lightburn software

Hi all,
this is my first post but unfortunately it will most probably consist of my frustration…
I just got a Neje Lasermaster 2 20W yesterday in used condition. Using the original Neje software works well but I would like to use lightburn instead as it seems to offer a bunch of more functions than the stock software.
However, using the neje uploader for GRBL does always tell me that the STK programmer is not responding (used all baud rates, reinstalled serial to usb driver…). However, the RED and YELLOW LED at the laser board seem to show that it is running in “GRBL Mode” - whatever this means…

I´ve set up lightburn using manual mode (GRBL, 150x150…) but it´s always stating “port opened, waiting for answer” (I use German language).
I´ve set the correct com port, chose the device blow but nothing changes… even the laser GRBL software does not work at all.

Folks, do I need anything further for flashing the firmware to GRBL if necessary? I only have the included USB cable and nothing for programming that might suit that little thing…

ANY help is HIGHLY appreciated as I´m about to throw this thing out of the 2nd floor right now…

Thanks a lot for reading!

Best regards,
Björn

Edit:
I´ve tried all steps mentioned here:
https://www.northlakeswoodwork.com/blog/2020/7/5/affordable-laser-engraving-lightburn-setup-for-neje-master-2

Unfortunately I´m not able the GRBL firmware flashed to my laser. It´s always stating the following:

: c:\NEJE\cache\avrdude
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
: c:\NEJE\cache\avrdude -u -c arduino -p m328p -P COM4 -b 58000 -U flash:w:“C:\NEJE\cache\main.hex”:a
avrdude.exe: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude.exe: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x46

Is there anyone who can help? Maybe using TeamViewer?

Use Arduino IDE, not NEJE’s software.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.