Adding a Z-Axis Focus Sensor?

Hello,

I’m interested in buying a Z-Axis Focus Sensor which has a 24v supply but I need a simple question answered. I have a Chinese laser that has the Z-axis stop switch connected to CN3- Pin 4 = Limit Z- of the Ruida controller. The Z limit switch is connected to a 5 volt supply. Can I hook up both the Z-axis switch and the Z-axis Focus Sensor switch to CN3- Pin 4 = Limit Z-? if either of them is triggered it should stop the machine from bottoming out.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

If you wish this to work in any operation other than a ‘home’, I think you are out of luck.

My Ruida doesn’t look at the LmtX- or LmtY- after it completes a home operation. I’d guess that the LmtZ- is similarly ignored.

They are only used to determine the home location. So you can trigger them while it’s running and it won’t stop.

The only thing that is sensed is the Lmt*+ inputs after a boot/home and those have to be enabled.

The grbl machines I’ve used will stop the machine when a limit switch is activated but the Ruida doesn’t.

:smiley_cat:

Thank you for the response. Bummer! I thought this would help to get material setup faster.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.