ALARM:1 Hard limit triggered. Machine position is likely lost due to sudden and immediate halt. Re-homing is highly recommended. On or near line 4:

Hey all. Im back again to be saved by all of you. lol
So my laser is stuck in the red. This is the copy and paste of the alarm issue. I type in $X and it resets but stays written in the red. I’m not really sure what to do.

ALARM:1

Hard limit triggered. Machine position is likely lost due to sudden and immediate halt. Re-homing is highly recommended.

UPDATE:
I rebooted my computer and the laser. updated to the new software. everything was working fine. now it stopped with a 1/4 left to go on a big project. same ALARM 1 error

here is what my machine is reading now. The project stopped when I was away from it which doesnt help.

ALARM:3

Reset while in motion. Grbl cannot guarantee position. Lost steps are likely. Re-homing is highly recommended.

Grbl 1.1f [‘$’ for help]

[MSG:‘$H’|‘$X’ to unlock]

[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]

ok

MPos:132.475,19.675,0.000|FS:0,0|Pn:R>

error:2

Numeric value format is not valid or missing an expected value.

Starting stream

X_LIMIT

Hard limit triggered. Machine position is likely lost due to sudden and immediate halt. Re-homing is highly recommended.

On or near line 4:

Stream completed in 0:03

[MSG:Reset to continue]

[MSG:Pgm End]

ok

Grbl 1.1f [‘$’ for help]

Grbl 1.1f [‘$’ for help]

ok

ok

<Idle|MPos:88.963,1.188,0.000|FS:0,0|Pn:XR|WCO:0.000,0.000,0.000>

ok

Starting stream

Layer C00

X_LIMIT

On or near line 362:

Job halted

Stream completed in 0:08

[MSG:Reset to continue]

ok

Grbl 1.1f [‘$’ for help]

Grbl 1.1f [‘$’ for help]

ok

ok

$X

ok

That’s pretty risky. We advise against this.

This is usually caused by incorrectly selecting the device profile or enabling clustering in LightBurn when a Device doesn’t support it.

You have values for a machine position but they’re not really strange - it’s showing that either the engraver isn’t home or it doesn’t know it’s at home.

You may want to switch your laser to to Absolute Coordinates in the Laser window and then enter $H in the Console window to home the laser.

Open the Preview window in LightBurn. It’s an Icon in the top row that looks like a Flat panel monitor on a stand. You can use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out.

There’s a switch at the bottom of the Preview window that says ‘show traversal moves’ turn that switch green / on. does the design or the red/pink outline go outside the workspace? If so, move all the art away from the edge where it’s too close.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.