Alarm: 2 On or near line 2

I am very new to this technology, have read all the documentation and didn’t quite understand it, this is the error message below.

Starting stream

ALARM:2

On or near line 2:

Stream completed in 0:00

[MSG:Reset to continue]

Can someone point me in the right direction please

ALARM:2 means you’re sending something out of bounds and the machine has stopped you. Chances are you’re trying to use ‘Current Position’ or ‘User Origin’ mode, but don’t know what those mean. Change to ‘Absolute Coords’ and read here to understand the different modes and how they work:
https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/CoordinatesOrigin.html

Thank you , I had read this article and set it to Absolute, I have rechecked and re run and still come up with some error.

“Some” error, or the same error?

Does the machine you have home itself when you power it up? (move to a corner and bump off it)

Yes, the machine homes itself, have moved the head to another corner and started and it return to upper left corner. I don’t understand what you mean bump of it?

‘Homing’ is the process of the machine moving the head toward one end of one or more of the axis until it hits a switch. It uses that to find the end of that axis, so it knows where it is. The “bump off it” means that once it gets to the switch and engages it, it backs off a little until the switch releases.

I can confirm the machine homes then “bumps off”

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.