ALARM 9: Homing Fail Ortur Master 2 May 22

Hello,

I have been using my Ortur Master 2 with no problems for months until today when I went to laser. When starting the machine, it did not Auto-Home. I selected it in LightBurn and there is no action. Here is what LightBurn says in the control log:

Homing

ALARM:9

Homing fail. Could not find limit switch within search distance. Defined as 1.5 * max_travel on search and 5 * pulloff on locate phases.

ok

Ortur Laser Master 2 Ready!

OLF 137.

Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]

[MSG:’$H’|’$X’ to unlock]

[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]

ok

The red and purple lights are both solid on the front control panel. I have checked all belts and connections and nothing appears to be loose or damaged.

It has been only a few days since I successfully last used my laser, I don’t know what the issue could be.

Help appreciated,

Thanks!

Make sure the laser is getting power through the power adapter. Power to outlet, power adapter plugged in, and power out from adapter and into controller.

It may not be obvious because the controller itself can be powered from USB.

I changed the power outlet for the laser and now it seems to be working. I can’t believe I didn’t try that earlier. Thanks for the prompt!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.