Aligning or position parts or fixtures

Hi all,

I’ve scoured these forums for an answer to this question but haven’t been able to find it. How do you go about aligning a fixture in relation to the origin so that it’s dead on. I have to etch some metal parts, and I want to make sure that the etching is dead center on the parts, every time I run the program. If I bump my honeycomb and it slides a little bit, I don’t know how to get it lined up again.

I put the shapes inside a frame using a colour set to not output.

It will still be sent to the machine for framing purposes.

So make the frame the size you need to align off a corner, position your cut shapes inside that in the correct location, and set your origin to the point you selected as a datum.

On my machine with an origin set to right/rear, I would find a corner at the right/rear of the workpiece and use that as the datum.

I use a jig and absolute coordinates. The jig was cut using the same coordinate/corner.

@rojhan
Do you have your honeycomb locked down somehow so that it won’t move?

@Bonjour
I actually do this already, but the problem is making sure that when I load and unload the workpiece it’s at the same location every time.

Yep. Part of my bed-leveling mechanism.

@rojhan. Got it. That’s the key then. Did it come like that? I need to figure out a way to do that. My honeycomb is free floating. How is yours fastened to the bed leveling mechanism?

My adventure in bed-levelling is at Fine-tuning and "final" results of a 700x500mm 100W Red/Black Chinese laser.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.