Alignment issues

If it’s a recent purchase from China, they sometimes (often) set the speeds a little optimistically. I know my own generic red/black was set way too high and slipped a fair bit until I dialed it down. Didn’t affect the job time much, but improved the reliability quite a bit, and got rid of a few little wobbles in the lines to boot.

here are my screen shots

settings5

Yes, those are screen shots. :slight_smile:

The “Additional Settings”, as noted on the page, affect nothing but the simulation window. They are not for the machine.

Stay away from the ‘Vendor Settings’ area of the machine settings until you understand what those are for.

You should only need to touch the four values I initially highlighted for you, and those are right at the top of Edit > Machine settings.

Too easy, so do you think just reduce both cut and engrave speeds by 25% to start with

And run the same file

From the very first reply:

Came up better but the top line is still out a lot

Currently reduced 50% for each of the settings

Try dropping your “Min Acceleration” value to 200. How big is your machine? Bigger means heavier.

6040 and I will try that change

I changed the speed and the design to squares to see the skewing

The first squre image was using a jpg square and this is using a vector square

Very different results

this is the current settings

It’s closer, certainly. You might just have a loose set screw or something mechanical. If the machine is new, it’s not uncommon for the little grub screws that hold the belt pinions on the steppers to loosen out a little. It doesn’t have to be much to cause slip.

It looks like it’s only on your X, so check that.

2 posts were split to a new topic: How do I align cuts to a printed design?

Here is the engrave in the middle and then cut rectangles around the engraved rectangle

You can see it’s not a simple shift in alignment from the engrave to the cut it looks like it’s getting worse as the engrave continues(possible slipping but only when it engraves at higher resolution)

Also I slowed the machine down to as slow as 300 and it’s the same results as the original 3000mm

I checked backlash but that didn’t help and my line scan offset is perfect at 0.8 but the finer I get the more it skews

I’m lost and I’m sorry my technical terms/speak is that of a noob

Cheers

Is this a new machine? If so, check everything mechanical first. Make sure everything is tight, including (especially) set screws holding the belt pinions in place. If those slip a little every time you change direction, it wreaks all kinds of havoc.

After checking everything mechanically, the next thing I would check is the motor pulse polarity:

Don’t assume it’s software or configuration until you’ve eliminated everything else. If the settings were actually correct when it arrived and you change a bunch of them, it’ll be hell to figure it out later.

Yea a new machine and I have had the issue from the start

I wish there was a video to show me how to check the machine for loose set screw etc. but given my little knowledge I couldn’t even tell you what a set screw looks like

Have you seen any videos showing what I need to check?

Thanks

Woohooo I found the answer in previous posts thanks Oz I saw you talking about DPI settings and you mentioned PWM Rising Edge and I changed the x axis from false to true and it works well effect now

Thanks again for dealing with my spam posts I was getting a little stressed out

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.