Am I doing something wrong here

Am I doing something wrong here…Should these proximity switches work? It says DC6 to 36V…Do I need 5V? One of my switches went out on my rabbit laser and trying to replace it. I “believe” the wiring is correct.???
Thanks for any help!
Wes

I can’t tell you how to wire it from this information.

I have no clue what ‘black, brown, blue’ relates to as far as signal, power and ground.

I would say don’t use PUxy as it’s not ‘power’, they probably have resistors between them and the power rail.

It should run off the 24V from CN2 without a problem. You need to confirm the which color does what…

When you get it installed, you can view the leds to ensure it’s working, just needs something Ferris to trigger it, like a screwdriver.

Here’s a short video of it working and being triggered, maybe it will help…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

Hey Jack,
Thanks for the reply. I wired that one the same as my other (original) proximity switch. Wired in that way, the other one works. According to the manual, the PUxy is 5v power. I am thinking I messed up and ordered the wrong voltage of sensor. All of the sensors I looked at had the same 3 colors of wire, so I “assume” that is the standard colors for this type of switch???. But you know what happens when you assume! :roll_eyes:

Sorry, I learned long ago to not trust them… It’s cheaper and quicker to check it…

From the looks of things it’s wired correctly, yes you are correct, it’s labeled 5V in the manual… You got the correct NO version, it should fly…

Is the LED for that limit not responding when you activate it?

Like I showed in the video (click the highlighted blue text)?

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.