Am I wasting my time trying to connect to MacBook Pro Running Monterey?

Am I wasting my time trying to connect to MacBook Pro Running Monterey 12.3 and lightburn 1.1.03?

I have a MacAir [2015] and no problems so far for me. I’ve been running LB with Monterrey since OS came out. I’m on Monterey 12.2.1 and LB 1.1.03.
Enjoy.

Hmmmm I’m Monterey 12.3 and Lightburn 1.1.03 on a MacBook Pro with no luck with USB :frowning:

I’m connected directly from USB outlet to laser -

I see that I have an update for OS 12.3 maybe I’ll hold off.

Try the Ethernet if possible.

:smile_cat:

I decided to upgrade to OS 12.3 this morning.
– Plugged in the laser to my USB port and nothing happened.
– Then I remembered to check down in bottom right area of LB at Devices and it showed “Auto.”
– You need to click on the box and select – “cu.usbserial-xxxx” or whatever ur computer shows.
Enjoy

Have you installed the proper driver for Monterey?
https://ftdichip.com/drivers/vcp-drivers/

1 Like

That didn’t work… In the meantime, I’m running on my windows machine until I figure this out.
Windows machine was dedicated to the fiber laser though. SO until I figure this out. Can’t run both machines at the same time.

Wasn’t aware I had to.
Mac OS X10.15 and macOS 11/12 Beta 1.4.7 unsigned by Apple
or
Mac OS X 10.9 and above 2.3 signed by Apple?

Monterey is MacOS version 12, so “Mac OS X10.15 and macOS 11/12 Beta 1.4.7 unsigned by Apple”

That was the Golden Ticket! Thank you!

1 Like

Oz,
Interesting – I don’t have that driver and my MacAir and laser work fine. Go figure.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.