Any reason at all that my Z axis would occasionally move by 20 upon the initiation of a job

I have no offsets in my cut.
Z optimization is set to on in settings.
Oddly, the speed setting keep resetting itself to 10…occasionally.
My usual offset is 113 or 5 and speed is ALWAYS 100
I cannot duplicate this on demand.

If you aren’t using Z values in any of your layers, you should just turn off the Z completely. Because Ruida controllers do not allow relative Z moves during a job, I have to send an initial height move. The system reads the controller height, and if you have a material height of 0, it will just leave things alone, but if you have a non-zero material height it will jog Z to that height.

I have no idea what you mean by “my usual offset is 113 or 5”.

“I have no idea what you mean by “my usual offset is 113 or 5”.”

I was just letting you know what my move settings. I didn’t mean offset, sorry. I rarely use offset and have it set to 0. Material thickness is also at 0. I place my laser head against the material and drop 113 for perfect focus. Out of nowhere at the beginning of a program the z moved down at execution. I checked the z value. It was 20. It just moved 20 at the beginning of a job several times for no reason and of course the cut failed. I’ll keep watching it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.