Apply different cut settings to layers based on material library selection

Hello,

I’m looking for some guidance on if the below is possible. I have seen a few posts about it but I couldn’t quite get the answer I needed.

My issue is that I have 2 machines, one is 60w and the other is 100w. I use both at the same time and I send all my designs to one of the 2. I never know which will come available first. Currently to solve the problem, I have 2 layers for each process. For example, a 4mm MDF cut will have machine_1 and machine_2 prefixed.

This solution works well, but I’m wondering if I can do something as the below image would suggest.
Ideally, I would like to just change my library to the machine I am using, and any linked layers would automatically update.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I believe this might work based on my understanding but not necessarily exactly as you’ve described. I haven’t tried this but here’s what I think has to happen:

1. You need to have separate material libraries for each laser. I’d suggest just copying your existing library to one with a different name. Use the copied library for one of the two lasers
  2. Make sure you have identical library entries in both libraries
  3. Change the power setting as appropriate for the library entry
  4. Change the cut setting of the layer for the design and “Link” your material library entry to that layer.
  5. When you change devices I believe the same material entry name will be referenced but will be using the appropriate cut settings found in that laser’s material library.

Apologize if this doesn’t work exactly as stated. But please report back. It may work with some modification.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. The solution you suggested seems to have worked. I can now just switch between devices and the setting automatically update to the applied library. Huge help :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.