AtomStack A5 Pro/MacBook Pro have to reinstall laser every time

Recently purchased an AtomStack A5 Pro and installed Lightburn on MacBook Pro. When launching Lightburn, the laser is connected via USB cable that came with the laser and powered on and shows “connected” in Lightburn but no commands work (frame, manual arrow keys, start,…). The laser shows connected but it is not connected as it will not perform any operation. If I delete the laser from Lightburn and have the software find/install it again then it will begin working. This happens EVERY time that I launch Lightburn. Do I have a faulty laser? Is this a software issue? Please help.

4 potential remedies:

1. Do you have this issue if you turn on the laser before opening LightBurn?
  2. Try right-clicking the Devices button in the Laser window. This forces a reconnect.
  3. Is the right port showing in the Port pull-down between the Devices button and the name of your laser? If not, try pulling that down and selecting the right port.
  4. Try reconnecting the USB cable while LightBurn is running.

Berainlb,
Thank you for the guidance.
A combination of number 1 and number 3 solved it.
Here is what was happening…
I was opening LightBurn software and then turning on the laser.
When LightBurn is opened without the laser turned on it selects “cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port” as the default port. When they laser is turned on then “cu.wchusbserialfd130” is added to the port list but the software remains on the Bluetooth port unless you manually select the serial port option. So resolution is A. Turn on laser first or B. Select the proper port after laser is turned on.
Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.