Auto home laser

how do I get my laser to auto home its set to auto home in settings

What kind of “my laser” do you have, or, more specifically, what controller and firmware are you using? If it’s gcode based you’d have to set up homing on the controller itself - did you buy a C3D or Gerbil, or are you starting from scratch?

sorry I have a mks sbase 1.3 config.txt (25.3 KB) I have a k40

This is the part of the config that deals with homing:

## Endstops
endstops_enable                              true             # the endstop module is enabled by default and can 
be disabled here
#corexy_homing                               false            # set to true if homing on a hbot or corexy
alpha_min_endstop                            1.24^            # add a ! to invert if endstop is NO connected to 
ground
alpha_max_endstop                            1.25^            # NOTE set to nc if this is not installed
alpha_homing_direction                       home_to_min      # or set to home_to_max and set 
alpha_max
alpha_min                                    0                # this gets loaded after homing when home_to_min is 
set
alpha_max                                    200              # this gets loaded after homing when home_to_max is set
#beta_min_endstop                             1.26^            #
#beta_max_endstop                             1.27^            #
beta_max_endstop                             1.26^            #
beta_homing_direction                        home_to_max      #
beta_min                                     0                #
beta_max                                     200              #
gamma_min_endstop                            1.28^            #
gamma_max_endstop                            1.29^            #
gamma_homing_direction                       home_to_min      #
gamma_min                                    0                #
gamma_max                                    200              #

alpha_max_travel                             500              # max travel in mm for alpha/X axis when homing
beta_max_travel                              500              # max travel in mm for beta/Y axis when homing
gamma_max_travel                             500              # max travel in mm for gamma/Z axis when 
homing

I’ve never configured a Smoothieware board completely from scratch, so I don’t know what these are supposed to be, and it’ll depend on your physical hardware anyway, whether the end stops are switches or optical, and a few other bits.

This page has good info: http://smoothieware.org/endstops

im not savvy on these sort of things the end stops r switches

I haven’t configured homing on this board before, so I don’t know the required settings, and you’d need to make sure you wired everything to the correct pins and all the wiring was right too. Do you have a way to test that stuff?

This is why boards like the Cohesion3D and Mini Gerbil exist - they do all the configuration for you, supply the proper connectors, etc, so you don’t have to figure it all out on your own and can just plug the board in and go.

1 Like

don’t worrie m8 I will just use laser without them but thank you for looking into it

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.