AWC708C Lite and Rotational Axis

Don’t know. As I said before, I have just installed this controller in my laser; I haven’t used the rotary with this controller yet. On the old controller I did not have to re-calibrate the Y-axis each time.

I don’t see any reason why the um setting should be changed to use the rotary. All the software needs to know is how many pulses per rotation and the diameter. Those two values provide the same information as the um setting does, so it stands to reason that the software is using a different calibration for rotational movement v.s. linear movement.

Oh I thought you had used this combo together more… We shall learn together then! I am going to try it tonight hopefully… Will be a bit of a PITA to unplug my Y axis but it if it works better then it will be worth it for the time being. I am wondering if it still might work plugged in to U tho. Cuz as soon as I enable rotary on U all movement from Y channels to U. So if in LB we set it to Y axis but connected it to U and enable on the panel as U maybe… maybe not… couldnt be that easy. LOL