Bach in Gbrl 1.1 z

Hey Everyone,

I recent got a Bachin 2500MW laser engraver off Amazon. It worked for a couple days, then I saw a post about updating the firmware so I did to Grbl 1.1z now the laser won’t cut it will go through the motion but not do anything. I tried it with the five button off and on. Additionally, $32 = 1. Any help would be greatly appreciated I’ve been pouring through old forums and I even tried to uninstall lightburn and nothing. How can I reinstall the old firmware or do I have to use another program.

Thanks
Dewey

There is no GRBL 1.1z that is “official” - the latest real version of GRBL is 1.1h. Do you know which version of GRBL was on the machine when you started? Some older hardware needs 0.8 or earlier, because the pin assignments are different.

It started with Gbrl 1.1h

Sorry GRBL 1.1f

I was able to download the software that came with it and fix the firmware back to GRBL 1.1f the issue is now it seems to be skipping around missing parts of the project, its a step in the right direction since before the laser didn’t do anything.

Thanks Again,
Dewey

Can you show a picture of a result, and what it’s supposed to look like?

So the first one is a helmet it didn’t do the shading because I stopped after it started skipping spots. The second is just the letter a but it skipped on both and came out backwards. Also of note the laser work for one day then when connected again it wouldn’t read it so the software it came Engraver Master had GRBL 1.1z so I loaded that and had to manual create everything cause it doesn’t pop up anymore. I’ve loaded 1.1f as well and still have the same issue.

In the console, type $$ and press enter, then copy what the controller spits out and paste it here.

It looks like it’s missing the start / end of your cuts, which can happen if your acceleration value is set really low - the laser power is ramped up and down as the speed changes, and at the beginning and ends of cuts, it does a full stop, which means the beam goes off completely. If the acceleration is really low, sometimes it has to move enough to get the speed up high enough to start burning.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.