Basic help from a newbie

Can y’all point me to the appropriate tutorials?

I’m watching through the tutorials on YouTube. The speaker keeps referring to cutting. How do you tell light burn to burn rather than cut? And vice versa?

Also, how do you use lightburn to burn images on multiple objects?

Obviously these are newby questions, so thanks for patience and for any links you can send.

We have found this to be a good place to start, completing the Simple Project portion.

need help would like to talk to some one on the phone first time user set up project frame it everything went good hit start the laser took off for the opposite corner from home didn’t firs just set up nex to the rail

Have you had a chance to walk through the information provided above? :slight_smile:

but that doesn’t help me can you point me to a youtube video that will try to answer my questions or help with the software

How about a whole LightBurn channel:

Sorry, we had covid and strep run through this house so I have been slow to respond.

There are a LOT of videos. I was hoping one specific video would be tossed my way rather than me having to peruse the whole channel :slight_smile:

So sorry to hear and hope all are on the mend and feeling better soon. :slight_smile:

The post I shared above really is a good place to start. This lasing journey might reacquaint you with some familiar words, yet in a different context. The project I am sharing above should help.

Generally, in LightBurn, when wanting to just mark the surface or deeper - producing a cut all the way through, following the lines of your art, is known as a Line setting. Cut/Mark = Line. Setting a layer to Fill, will produce filled shapes, sweeping back and forth until the shape is produced. For producing pictures or images (bitmap raster), these settings are known as Image Mode options.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.