BiDirection Yaxis not even

Having an alignment issue on bi direction on my xTool D1 Pro. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Most likely it’s mechanical backlash in the Y axis, so going through the adjustments sequence will fix it:

https://diode-laser-wiki.com/documentation/guide-to-mechanical-adjustments/

That’s for a Sculpfun laser, but all the tabletop diode lasers have similar parts, problems, and solutions.

It pays to be meticulous!

I have tried having the belts loose, or tighter, neither fixed it. My gantry is out of square by 1/16th ( I cannot seam to get rid of this. I have undid the gear and tried to line up the two sides before tightening still the same amount out). but when I move the yAxis linear gear both sides move the same amount.

I guess there is no software comp for this. I just have to keep trying things to get rid of it

/sigh

The problem lies in a looseness, rather than a miscalibration.

Some people have found a problem arising from not securely fastening the frame’s feet to the work surface. As the Y axis gantry reverses direction, the entire frame slides slightly.

Others discovered the entire laser head can rock slightly in its mount, so it tilts one way or the other depending on the direction of travel. Reversing the direction causes a tilt in the other direction, with a corresponding gap in the line spacing.

Basically, following all the steps in that guide will help isolate the problem, because fixing everything except the one problem you’re overlooking won’t get you where you must go.

Others discovered the entire laser head can rock slightly in its mount, so it tilts one way or the other depending on the direction of travel. Reversing the direction causes a tilt in the other direction, with a corresponding gap in the line spacing.

I had not thought of this. The D1 Pro does not have an elliptical lower guide bolt. So it took some shimming to get extra pressure but this seems to be the problem.

Thank you for suggesting that! Now things runs twice as fast :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.