Big bed and power compensation

Hi,

The longer the beam is, the less power you get at the end
so this question:

does it exist a way to create a map with a light power sensor? (like 3D printer Z palping tool for bed leveling)

It would adjust max power depending on where it is cutting on the bed
now, to bypass this on a full bed size cut file, I use differents colors, it’s quite rudimental :slight_smile:

thank’s in advance

There is nothing I know of in Lightburn to map whatever you’re mapping …

The power loss across there is very small…

There is no way for this map to know if the Ruida is changing the power for a direction change.

Lasers have been around for nearly half a century, if this was worth dealing with I think we’d see it implemented…

It’s also possible that I’ve misinterpreted your question…?

:smile_cat:

you answered right :+1: thank you

I didn’t see nether in lightburn. I have no issue with my machine. it’s just to know if I am the only one having this kind of questions :crazy_face:

right, we are talking about a few %…:slight_smile: I read 3% on another topic. but on a 60*90cm table at limit speed/power, it cuts at upper left (30cm from source) and not at lower right (180cm from source)…

I didn’t see lightburn source code, but technicaly, if you have a map of power restitution on a grid (like a gradiant from a corner to the opposite, you could easily transpose it to the cutting pathes, applying this gradiant to the power set for each color.
but it should be technicaly possible, I guess (maybe after rewriting ruida driver and lightburn interpreter) .

3D printers are existing for decades too and userfriendly bed leveling/mapping is quite recent :wink:

Thank you for your time, second topic opened, second pleasant conversation :+1: :+1: :+1:

I close this topic, thank’s again

bonne nuit!!!

On a Ruida the power application is handled internally by hardware…

If you wanted to control it in detail you would have to send it a code for every change. This makes for a massive size file, as you can see with any grayscale.

If the Ruida maximum/minimum power settings are set internally to 40% and 60% how could you apply any kind of mapping to it?

Can’t really compare a 3d industry with 2d …

Autofocus on these do not follow anything other than set the material height.

Generally there there is no need to map anything to the topology.

I haven’t seen one of these this large that didn’t carry the tube along with the Y axes itself…

A picture would be nice :pray:

Take care… have fun…

the lightburn map would adjust power values befor sending data to ruida (like it’s already adjusted for each pixel in raster mode)… it’s a DSP, not a arduino mega!!! :wink: And I am not entering into the code, just knowing if somebody though about it.

YES we can :wink: I do and I will continue and I would suggest you to be more open mind…
and sorry, but laser is a 3D process (getting a 3D result while engraving at different depths)… you forgot Z focus/offset, and even a 4th axis if we want (I do compare planes and birds :slight_smile: )

Where do you think the Prusa super pinda come from? if not the industry :thinking:

it’s is your own experience,it is not absolute, check the forum (and others), I saw topics on power and length… try playing with limts values, 2meters later, you have a minimal loose…minimal, but existing

Sorry but I have theoricals questions and I am getting answers like “do like everyone”…

I know it would be a huge work of coding, but playing around this concept is definitly possible

Here a picture of my machine (you still see some scotch fo adjust the laser path)

the most important is that between 2 “do like everybody”, I get my answers, so thank you

have a nice day!

Guess I’ll have to learn from you…

lightburn manage z offset or I miss something
and
yes i am new to ruida that’s why i ask questions…

it was a theorical question, i have no action in ruida and my machine is working just fine

you don’t need to be superior…

have fun playing, I’ll keep on dreaming

I’m not trying to be superior… I’ll follow your lead if it’s reasonable…

You are not the first to ask about this type of procedure…

If you can scheme up something reasonable, we’ll all listen…

When someone suggest my car be an airplane, I write it off, not that it can’t be done. It’s just not a reasonable request for the current hardware.

I would never ask that you stop dreaming… that’s against my belief…

Don’t forget to take into consideration on a large machine, the focus dot size will get smaller as the laser to lens distance increases. Affecting the interval…

Probably why most of these large machines have the tube mounted on the Y carriage.

maybe i push the walls too far :grin: but as dsp already manage power while engraving lines, it could adapt power based on a map…hardware is capable, software not.

that’s the point! dot size with length and the tube on Y carriage to get the light path shorter. That’s the fact I based my first question on…

If I had time, I would enjoy go into DSP programming, but life is too short to learn everything (i’m plaiying with esp32 at one side and aluminium moldering on the other side… for the moment).

thank’s for your time and sorry if I have seem to be rude, english is not my langage but more people can read and share than in french…

ans as I said priorly, at the beginning, 3d printers had a poor endstop switch for z leveling and now some of them use lidar😉
one day you will see laser machines capable of focusing on unflatted objects/surfaces (for personnal use, I mean) for even more possibilities than just a rotary :metal:

waiting this day, have fun too!!!
cheers!

Believe me, we would all like that… It’s been brought up many times.

One of the problems is there is little to no information on the internals of the dsp line of controllers. They are generally laid out as some type of programmable logic array… Being Chinese, they are tight lipped about them both hardware and firmware wise. I think Lightburn has had to do lots of low level investigating and reverse engineering to get them functional. They still surprise me…

Here is the known opcodes for them, if that is any use…

People dreaming is how we got to where we are, don’t stop :wink:

Your English is great, especially if you compare it to my French :face_vomiting:

Sing out if you have other questions or even comments… We don’t learn by osmosis…

sorry, I’ve been very busy, I’m a moving at 10000km

thank’s for the link to opcode (I looked at it), it’s still interesting to know (I’m not familiar with UDP) and having been profesionaly confronted to reverse engineering (foreign code without any doc…), I do easily have empathy with LB developpers :slight_smile:

next question in french (it will be an easy one):wink:

cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.