Calibration Home point

When I start up my laser machine it makes a loud sound and it seems that software is not the home point somewhere else.
The laser head clatters against the edge and can’t go any further.
Maybe someone can help me recalibrate the laser
I have the SH-G350, has someone the vendor file of this machine (is just for reference only)

Sounds like bad / improperly positioned limit switches.

I don’t think many will know what an SH-G350 is. It is more helpful to provide details of the machine. Probably the most important detail is the controller type and model. The maker of the machine or the model number (I think that’s what you may have provided) can lead someone to the information, but then you will lose those who stop at the point of having to look that up and cross reference.

These machines have switches or sensors in one corner, one on each axis (X & Y) that the controller uses to find the home position. The controller will slowly move an axis until the sensor detects metal, or the switch triggers, and then that axis stops moving. When the process has found both switches / sensors, the machine knows where the home position is.

If yours is banging against the side, one or both of the switches is not working for some reason:

• Not positioned correctly
    • sensors have a metal plate that passes over them very close to the surface
    • switches must be in a position where the carriage can bump / trip them
  • Not wired correctly
    • make sure the wires are connected properly to the switch / sensor, and are securely connected to the controller as well.
  • Broken switch / sensor

If you press Z/U on the controller panel, then go to the ‘Diagnoses’ menu, it will show which sensors / switches are currently triggered. You can move the machine near one of the switches and see if the input corresponding to that one lights up in the controller panel. If it does, the switch / sensor is working.

I think I found the problem. It is this sensor that stays on. Is it broken and do I have to replace it or can I reset it somehow?

Replace. It senses metal, Unless you have a piece near it tripping it, it’s circular file material.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.