Camera alignment - Generated shapes out of bounds

Hi!

I have an Ikier K1 Ultra which has 410 x 410 mm bed size. (Working area set to 400 x 400 before alignment)
I want to align the camera, so I had run the “Calibrate camera lens” and then the “Calibrate camera alignment” process.

Problem:
When I scale the test pattern, I set 200 as this for my bed size, but then I see that it draw a little outside (see in picture with red arrow).
When I press the START button even Lightburn notify me that there are out of bonds parts. It will do the engrave, I’m just curious why this generated test pattern is placed like this.

Is there something preventing you from using a smaller scaling factor?

Yes I can, but I wanted to calibrate my whole area.

The lens calibration has been done with the warning and with 200 scale the result is pretty accurate (0.5mm) for me.

I just wanted to ask if the calibration shapes are generated by Lightburn then why it not fit into the scale area?

The whole area is calibrated irrespective of scale used.

Not sure what you’re referring to there. There’s no scaling factor or burn portion of lens calibration.

Because you are asking for a larger area based on the scale factor than the area of your workspace. The absolute size of the targets do not change irrespective of scale factor, only the relative position of the shapes.

Did not know. That is good to hear. Thank you.

Sorry, wrong word used. “Camera alignment” has been done with that warning, but in the end the result was really good.

I thought that Scale=“200” means a 400mm x 400mm area. If that is true, than the generated shapes are out of bonds. If that is not true, then please tell me how can I imagine this “scale” number.

Scale is basically the percentage to scale the alignment target area beyond the base 180mm square. So basically 100 scale would mean 100% of a 180mm square area where the center of the target markers match the corners of the target area.

Thank you for all the details. Now the picture is much cleaner.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.