Camera Calibration/Alignment- Software will now allow me to align after callibrating camera lens

I have a 60 degree lightburn camera that simply refuses to allow me to calibrate it. I have literally tried everything.
I even bought a new computer hoping the issue was my old HP just acting like a normal, stubborn HP. I keep trying to calibrate the camera as a lightburn, fisheye. The software acts like its accepting the images, but when the align message pops up and I click it, the software says I must calibrate the lens first.
I try to calibrate it again, but it no longer wants to accept any images in fisheye format, but it accepts the images in standard format.
On two different computers, the software allowed me to callibrate the camera lens in fisheye format one time, and even after uninstalling and reinstalling the software, it still only accepts standard format images.
Regardless, when all is said and done and it seems the lens is finished calibrating, the Align message pops up, but continues saying I need to calibrate the lens before I can align it.
I have been at it with the camera since November and gotten nowhere.
I have searched through the forums looking for similar issues and making sure I am following what ever advice Lightburn is offering as I continue trying to get my camera to work.
I have a Boss LS 1420. There are many people with the same engraver as mine that use the 60 degree angle without any issues.
Does anyone have any advice that could help me figure this out?

Hi Jessica - Apologies that I didn’t catch this sooner. First off, which version of LightBurn are you running? After calibrating there is a “Finish” button - clicking that is what actually stores the results, so if you cancel, or click the X in the upper-right corner, it would discard the results. Is it possible this is what happened?

For the calibration, you said that the software “won’t accept images in fisheye format” - Do you just mean that it’s not finding the pattern? Can you show a screen capture of what you see in the calibration window just before you click the Capture button?

Actually, I finally got it figured out and it’s WONDERFUL!

My issue was this:
After I got the camera calibrated and it was time to align it I would get an error saying I need to calibrate the camera first. I went to the alignment wizard to see if the calibration took, but it didn’t. When I went to try calibrating the camera again, the software behaved as if it remembered the previous calibration. It would no longer accept any captures from fisheye, but when I changed it to standard it accepted them fine, but when I went to do the alignment, it was all warped looking.

This was a constant issue with my HP Spectre from November until the end of February. Once I replaced my computer with a Dell 7506, I was able to get it all set up after a few tries

I believe what I needed was a way to uninstall the Lightburn camera driver from my computer, but I could never find it. Even with the new computer I have yet to find the Lightburn camera driver. If I ever need it uninstalled, simply disconnecting the camera doesn’t work.

I took the HP computer to Geeksquad to have it looked at, and I would like to offer Lightburn some information I received from Geeksquad,about HP computers, as this knowledge may be of value to your tech support team. The HP updates aren’t always compatible with Windows updates. Apparently this has been problematic for quite a while. The compatibility issues effect the way every other program in the computer is able to operate. Eventually it corrupts the operating system and a hard reset using the factory disc is necessary.

Do I need anything else? Actually, I do have a question. Why does my camera get so hot it burns my hands? I actually took it out of its case for this issue and have screwed it to a piece of cast acrylic to give it more breathing room. It still gets just as hot. Is this normal?

Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated!

Happy to hear you were able to get it working.

Yes, the cameras do get pretty hot, but they’re originally intended for use in laptops, so they’re also made to handle being enclosed and should be fine.

The camera uses a driver that’s part of Windows 8 and up, called UVC (USB video class). It’s basically a standard way for video devices to talk to computers, so a specific device driver isn’t necessary.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.