Camera fine tuning

Hi,
Can someone help?
I have looked through previous questions but cannot find any reference.
The question is,
while fine tuning the camera overlay, what is the difference between width\height & X \ Y shift? They seem to offer the same function, but obviously that is not the case.

Any advise would be very welcome.
Thanks

The calibration of the camera provides compensation information to the program, in order to accurately present the overlay relative to the cut list. An easier reference for me to provide is how I’ve used those adjustments.

The overlay presents my test cut, a simple rectangle. For argument’s sake, it’s a series of rectangles horizontally (and/or vertically) that are cut in the work piece. A refresh of the overlay shows that the left side is spot-on, but the right side is a bit short. I can “stretch” the right side by making adjustments to the width.

If both the left and right side are shifted to one side by the same amount, the x-shift feature allows me to align them to match.

You could have a perfectly sized circle but it’s not in the right location, that’s shift. You could have a too-large or too-small circle but centered nicely in the reference of the cut list. That’s width/height.

Depending on the placement of the camera and the work piece, you may get shift when adjusting the width but it’s a set of diminishing adjustments and how much Sheldon Cooper you want to inject.

Width/Height changes the actual size of the area in camera while shift moves it left, right, up or down without changing it’s size.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.