Camera not displaying after version update

I have been using my lightburn camera for quite a while without any issues. I upgraded to ver 9.14 and I can’t get the image to “show” on the work area. I can see a live update in the camera control window but when I “Update overlay” and “show” is selected i get nothing in the work space. Should I load the last version to see if this fixes it? Suggestions?

Which version did you update from? Nothing in the camera system has functionally changed since 0.9.10.

I think I have been updating every release when prompted. 9.13?
If I see a live preview in the camera control window does that mean all the calibration files are there?

No, the preview is just a live feed, no calibration required. When you updated, did you lose any settings, like the laser profile? (If so, the camera settings would have gone with it)

My laser is still listed under “devices” Is that the profile?

Yes. In the camera control window, right-click - if you see an option to export the calibration data then you at least have the lens calibration info.

Yes. I have the option to export and import data. I imported an old file. Still no image.

Check to make sure LightBurn is allowed to access the camera - Windows 10 changed a bunch of permissions recently. You can also go to the Settings, and at the bottom left, change the capture system from ‘Custom’ back to ‘Default’ - that’s the older system, and some computer systems because of drivers or library conflicts will work better with it.

I am running Win 7 on an Adam processor.
I reran the calibration programs. I got the image back on the work area.
The resolution is terrible. Almost unusable. I think this is a 5MP Lightburn cam!
I changed capture system back to default.
The setting says highest resolution but it is grayed out

Win7 is likely the problem. The new capture system (custom) is only supported on Win8 and up. The default system does not give us the ability to change the capture resolution. If you go to the Calibrate Camera Lens tool and click ‘Capture’ it will tell you the size of the captured result, then just cancel. What size does it report?

Oh wow 320 x 240!

You’re sure this is the LightBurn camera being captured? The firmware on them is altered so they’ll default to high resolution, not low.

It’s the only camera on that computer. May I need to reboot the computer.

Give that a go - I’ve seen Windows Update do strange things.

After rebooting the computer and the cam on USB (repeater) I got to 2592 x 1944 resolution.

I think I am back where I was! Thanks.

Updates are weird. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.