Camera Setup: random capture results

I am a new LightBurn user. I am using Lightburn 1.4.000 on a Windows 11/64

I have no problem installing the camera.
The Camera Control view shows the dot circle pattern correctly.
The Lens Calibration Wizard also shows the dot circle pattern correctly. When I click on Next and then click Capture, I got different results at different times randomly It may be any one of the following:

1. Image 0 (1929 x 1080) Pattern not found.
  2. A capture score of between 0.55 and 1 but never below 0.3
  3. A capture score of 1000-80000 or some huge number

I have restarted LB, and reset the camera by unplugging it from the USB port.

What am I doing wrong? Help!

When Calibrating a camera I always cover the entire work area with white card stock/paper and get scores below 0.3 every time.

The test pattern is obviously on the screen in both Camera Control and Lens Califbration Wizard but LB say not found.

It looks like you’re positioning the calibration pattern much too close to the camera. For each capture position, it should take up roughly 1/9th of your camera’s field of view, as shown in the reference photo in the wizard.

Here are some additional tips on the lens calibration (and alignment) process:

And a video guide:

The calibration pattern is not too close to the camera. The dot pattern was too large.
My problem was I printed the dot pattern on a full 8.5" x 11" letter-size paper. After I watched the video, I printed the dot pattern at half-page letter size. Everything started working.

Thanks. Problem resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.