Camera's For Eleksmaker A3 Pro - Primarily For Larger Materials

Can anyone advise on a good camera & setting for an Eleksmaker A3 Pro which is primarily for cutting larger materials, bigger than the cutting area of 34cm x 35cm - realistic, safe cutting size on the Eleksmaker.
I’m going to be cutting a lot of stuff at SRA2 size - 640 x 450mm.

Any ideas how far I should set it away from the cutting area?

Does your machine have limit switches, and home itself on startup? If not, you won’t be able to use the camera feature - it needs to use absolute coordinates, and needs a consistent reference point to work from or it will never align correctly.

Thanks for your response. No I don’t think the Eleksmaker A3 Pro homes itself on startup. I thought it would be possible cut reference points on the material. Then use the camera & lightburn to adjust the image to reference them points again. Then cut to the position of that material.

Would this process not work?

It would not work - The camera requires the use of absolute positioning in order to align work properly.

Thanks, I actually just found out that its possible to home the position of the laser with this additional part.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.