Can I use Lightburn fully automated?

Hey!

I would like to fully automate the laser process on an OmTech laser so that I only have to insert new material and press a single button to start a job. I can already create the printfile (svg) through a script, but would need to open Lightburn, open the file, configure and send it to the device.
Is there a way to use Lightburn automated (just as a tool that receives an svg file with lasersettings and sends the job to the printer without having to use the GUI?)

If you prepare the file in Lightburn once and 'SEND it to the laser, you could select the file and just press START. When finished just replace the material and press START again. Repeat…

Thanks for the quick response! My main use-case would be to adapt a template file e.g. by adding names or other customization with a small python-script and then send the adapted file to the laser.

I also continued to search the forum and with the right keywords, I found this: Launch LightBurn and Load Files into LightBurn using Command Line Interface
So it looks like there wasn’t a way to start a job back in '19.

And it looks as if this is still true: Is there an API available?

You can start a job from LightBurn:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.