Can this image be etched and/or cut?

My dad was a commercial artist and a both he and my mom were patients at Iola Sanitarium Hospital in the 70’s. He made a scrapbook diary of their stay.

1 Like

Hi, If it was me, i would use a piece of scap and give it a go…
Would have thought it would engrave.

1 Like

Well, I would say it can engrave, as most images can be engraved, as long as they have sufficient contrast.
To “cut” it would be harder, you would need to define what will be cut and what will remain.
I saw this link to an engraving tutorial is shared a lot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB40S6AEVwE maybe it can help.
(I have yet to watch it.)

1 Like

If you have Photoshop or any other program you can do this, available to you…change the image to Black & White before going to LB. When in LightBurn make sure Pass through is disconnected before you import your B&/W image. You can adjust the image in LightBurn. Cutting will be a problem unless you wish to cut the outline of the entire image which would be what looks to be a rectangle
I don’t understand why if you want to cut each portion out of pic.

1 Like

I am engraving your Dad’s cartoon. I done some considerable work on the image/drawing.
Will send a pic as soon as it it finished.

1 Like

I am going to guess you would like to have the engraving look as much like the original as possible so I didn’t try to make the lettering darker or more legible in any way.

Please let me know if my rendition is close to what you wished.

1 Like

Oh golly, great video but too advanced for me.

Thanks, I already made it Black and White and will be engraving. Where in Lightburn do I amke sure Pass through is disconnected. I double clicked on layer…

I will try engraving it tomorrow and see what I can do. I hope I don’t embarrass myself. Your rendition is spot on!

I engraved as an image. You have “Line” as mode so you will not have Pass Through

If you have a problem with getting a good rendition let me know. I will see if I can give you a rundown of what I done. lol

1 Like

My run down…I made it a 5 x 7.

As you can see, I don’t have a full grasp of settings :grin:

1 Like

Use Stucki. Your other settings look okay but I would set speed at 250 and power at 25

Thanks ferg, I followed your instructions …

1 Like

Looks great, Glad I could help!