Can you tell me if there is a feature to remove the lines pointed out by the triangles?

Mah Jongg is my Therapy.lbrn (288.7 KB)

I am not sure if I understand the question. Show us what you are wanting to accomplish.

If you want these shapes removed, select them, then right-click, then ‘Delete’. :slight_smile:

If you are wanting to remove the sections covered by other shapes, look at the Boolean tools. https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/ModifierTools.html

The 3 areas I marked with a partial triangle shape, the ones that are not solid lines are on the areas of the photos I’d like to remove. I tried the boolean tool and that doesn’t do what I want it to do.

In a photo program, I would just bring item forward and the other backward if that makes any more sense.

Yes, it is really hard to understand what you are trying to remove. Your arrows really don’t help. One thing I will mention is you can remove just about any component by selecting a shape and then using the ungroup tool/function. That will make it so you can start deleting individual lines and shapes.

1 Like

I used the Boolean Union tool. Not sure if I produced what you are after, but here is what I did.

I made copies of your shapes and placed them on a “Tool” layer to make tit a bit easier to work with until I got a flow going. I repeated duplicating a shape, move the duplicate to the Tool layer, and do the Union, then on to the next shape. Once I got what I think you are trying to do, I deleted your original shapes, then moved the resulting Tool layer shapes back to layer C00.

I was able to accomplish all of that as well, but it is not what I am looking to do. RalphU found the original file on the internet and yes that is what I am looking to do with my unique photos so it becomes my original to sell without copywrite issues.

1 Like

Yes that is someone else’s design that inspired my own which I’ve now attached with all the elements I want in it. So yes, that is exactly what I want to accomplish. Can this be done within lightburn? Here is my latest version.
Mah Jongg is my Therapy.lbrn (928.6 KB)

Might be a job for the Trim tool???

Go into Edit Points mode, hover over the line you want to remove (between two other lines) and press “T”

Looking at the file provided, yes. You just need to continue to edit, using Boolean tools and/or Node editing, to add your unique images to the original you shared. I also noticed the layer for yours is set to ‘Line’, whereas the source file from @RalphU shows the same set to ‘Fill’. This might help you get the look you are after.

Gary, do you mean edit Nodes mode? I don’t see an Edit Points mode and when I click on Edit Nodes it does not show any nodes. Maybe that doesn’t work with picture files?

Node editing does not appear to work with these photos. When I try to use it the nodes don’t show up. Any idea why?

Node editing will only work on a single shape at a time. Ungroup compound shapes in those cases.

1 Like

OMG, that did it! I am playing with the node editor now and it is really intuitive. A bit of a learning curve but I think I will get it pretty quickly!

One tip, if you hover over the Node edit tool icon you can see a list of shortcuts that can be used for other critical functionality. Hover over the node or segment you want to act on and then push the shortcut key.

1 Like

Great. The TRIM function is really terrific. I use it all the time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.