Cannot run <Lightburn with BenBox on computer

I mean, a lot of things are possible, but it would take work to wire and configure it properly, work that is higher level than the above conversation. Whether you are up to doing that work and going through that learning curve is something that you’ll need to decide for yourself.

I am not frustrated with you, but I do expect clarity when communicating to be effective at all. At 87, congratz BTW, I know you must appreciate clarity. I was simply asking for you to explain using more clarity. I will offer you the same, as best I can.

As @raykholo, identifies, LightBurn does not make, offer, or sell any motion controllers.

Thanks for whatever help you folks offered. I don’t appreciate the inference that I am not too smart. Bet even money I have done and accomplished many things you folks haven’t even dreamed of.
Was that too concise?

I didn’t read any such inference. Rick asked you to clarify and be more detailed in your answers because we can’t see what you see, and Ray said that wiring up a C3D controller to your machine is possible, but not trivial, and involves a learning curve. You’re having issues with your current setup, so there’s no guarantee you would find a new one any easier - no one has suggested anything past that.

Unfortunately the bulk of software available for sending new firmware to your board is PC based, and while there are options to do this on the Mac, they aren’t terribly simple. Here’s an example: https://benboxlaser.us/index.php?topic=2539.15

I found a long time ago that most CNC software was written for PC
Certainly understandable. Until Apple done the Intel bit we had few options.
A good friend is a computer genius. He and I decided several years ago to rewrite our CNC operating software in Mac language. Best thing we ever done.
Back to LightBurn. It runs my cheapie laser no matter if it isn’t supposed to. Anything I draw in the program runs perfectly. What I bring into LB from Adobe Illustrator or any other manipulation software I have tried, is another story.
Which brings me to more questions. I don’t remember where in LB that I can change a photo to grayscale, memory loss. I have a graphic or drawing, black with white background, should that drawing be BitMap?
What is best way to do the conversion?
At this point in time I believe to make the BenBox work with LB or vise-versa, BenBox needs to think the file was native.

Another point: None of the mice I have for our six Macs have side buttons. Would be nice to have the Mac alternate in quotes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.