Can't connect to controller

Hello,

I am trying to get Lightburn to connect with my atomstack A10 using Linux Mint but I get a message on the console saying waiting for connection then port failed to connect already in use? I was unable to have the software find the device so I manually set it up but it won’t connect. I read the instructions on how to setup with Linux and followed the instructions for adding USER and tty as per step 2 in the instructions for Linux. My only option to connect is USB with the provided USB cable and at cl terminal checked lsusb and it did list the controller driver ch340 last night but now it’s not listed.

I believe I have a driver issue but since the driver is already included in the Linux kernel I am not sure what to do now. When I use my laptop running Win10 it works perfectly fine however I would prefer to use my desktop running LM.

Please advise what I should do.

Thanks

See if this helps…

:smile_cat:

Thank you very much! I will watch the video.

Got it to work. Thanks!!!

What fixed it?

It’s nice to add that when we get a solution… and mark the thread ‘solved’

Take care

The changes to the rules.d folder files both the Britty and the 70. That is the only two changes I made and I even downloaded Ubuntu as a back plan in case Linux Mint failed to work with the changes but I had confidence it would work since LM is based on Ubuntu.

Thanks again and I appreciate the help.

I think they all come from Debian…

Glad that helped you get back up… I don’t think I had a problem with the braille option… but it’s been a while…

Yes it does and I recently tried Debian but decided to stick with LM. My other hobby is refurbishing laptops and I donate them to poor families with school kids that can’t afford to buy a laptop. I found that Debian would have been to complicated for a student. My goal is to donate 1000 laptops and I am about halfways after 4yrs.

Braille option?

One of the numbers in there gets confused with some kind of driver for a braille terminal… sorry if I ventured down the wrong path…

No worries. I am no expert at Linux but I know enough to get myself in trouble. Lol

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.