Cant cut plexi anymore on my co2 100w ruida

He’s got a Ruida controller so there’s no gcode. I wondered if the Min power is set really low and cut speeds are low enough that it’s just using min.

It’s kind of a natural tendency to slow down the speed when there’s a cutting problem and if you end up below Ruidas “start speed” and your min power is set really low then you’re doomed to failure.

Would be good to verify that isn’t the problem.

1 Like

he’s probably sold his laser … or solved the problem :rofl:

I put a tape on the nozzle and just a beam pulse indicates that i’m very close to the center of the small circle of the noozle. I also adjusted the focus point to test the cut on plexi before writing my first post.

if you run a small test cut with the nozzle removed do you still get low power? Do you get the same result all over the bed? Can you get access to a calibrated power meter (a block of anodised metal calibrated by size to a specific timed pulse of your laser at 100%/peak power)… its a special bit of equipment.

Did anything at all happen that might have changed the physical setup of your machine? Did you exchange a part or change a wire or did it have a bang into itself?

Are all your signal wires firmly connected, nothing is loose? Is the HIGH VOLTAGE (dangerous and potentially filled with static) wire properly connected? Did you reconnect the cathode black wire when you changed the tube? Is the water flowing properly and in the right direction for your flow sensor?

Here’re the videos about the settings actually https://photos.app.goo.gl/gthkpcgTUL24QJXCA
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6SsByjJWq3zeuVPAA

The nozzle still remains cold after a job finishes.
The only ting i had before getting this problem is a smart air assist from cloudray ( the relay and the solenoid in the video) but the laser power was fully functionnal for a period of time

My dad is at the hospital, sorry for the delay :unamused:

Hope what ever it is passer quickly and with the best possible result

I am initially sorry and wish good recovery

Is anyone has checked my last posts ? and videos ?
thanks for your support

Did you fit the flywheel diodes to the relay and solanoid

Yes they are installed both of them

Cool, one more thing it’s not, we must be getting close

When you pulse the laser and you get enough power to go through the material, you have the following factors at play here:

1. You are not using the software or any job-running settings, So if it does not cut when moving (and using the software settings), it is possible that something in the settings got accidentally changed.

2. The laser head is not moving while pulsing, so it may be that it makes a hole when (let’s say) it’s at home position. So it could be that something got a little loose and when the axes are moving the mirrors are vibrating and the laser cannot focus with maximum power. I would check all mirrors and lenses and the head mounting assembly for any loose bolts, etc.

These are my two cents. Sorry if i repeated anything mentioned before.

Have you tried a new or old design? Rather than existing?

I sent a long time to fix a simple problem. Thanks for all guys.
I followed your advices and considerations so i started from the beginning once again:

• dismount the tube.
  • put the tube back in place
  • mirrors calibrations
  • vertical alignment

AND IT WORKS NOW !!!

The issue was the 1st mirror alignment and nothing more i suppose :exploding_head: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Well that’s a great result, please , if you didn’t do it already, can you mark it solved / resolved in your message drop-down options.

Hope your Dad’s ok

Regards
Gary

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.