Can't get beam below 10mm/s feed

Ruida 6445. If I take the SPEED below 10mm/s, the panel still gets the vectors and runs the head through the vectors, but without any beam.

It’s not a min POWER setting. This is speed, and that makes no sense. I found no setting for min speed, but still anything below 10mm/s the Ruida runs the head but without triggering the laser. I kept trying, though. Any ideas?

Ok found it, “start speed”

Hello everyone
I have about the same problem, with me there is no more power below 10 mm/s than 6 millie amp anyone have an idea how to solve this?
where can i find start speed?
controller KT332N
LB 10.4
windows 10
thank you in advance
willem

As @Dannym advised your ‘start speed’ in the ‘Edit → Machine Settings’ tells the controller when it should be at ‘Min’ power. If you speed is below that, it will only deliver ‘Min’ power.

I think the default is 10mm/s, however, mine was set to 20mm/s.

For slow cutting operations they usually recommend setting both Min and Max to the same value…

The controller varies the power based on Min being at ‘Start Speed’ and ramps up to Max as the speed increases. This is to control ‘burning’ where the head must slow down to change directions.

Make sense?

:smiley_cat:

I think so, and I have an RF tube so I have a 1% min this the beam is effectively off below the “start speed”

And I was back there probing the pins and saw, yes, it was active but barely.

I guess they want to protect against users accidentally selecting an unreasonably low speed and damaging the machine? Odd way to handle this, they could have just declined to run a job that is below the config’s minimum

I don’t see the point of reverting to beam on, but at the minimum

When running below the ‘Start Speed’ setting in your controller firmware, ONLY the Min Power value is used. If you are moving faster than the Start Speed setting, the controller will then begin ramping up to Max Power.

Nice to have an RF laser. I saw a video and was amazed at how noisy they were with all the fans running.

I still haven’t figured out a good way to measure the response time of my power supply…

That’s not the way it’s handled if you run someones code and it asks for a speed of 1500mm/s.

Yours can only go 600, do you want it to decline the operation? It will run it using speed limits set within the controller to prevent machine damage. That’s all it’s really doing here.

In simple terms I think it’s letting you pick where the power increase starts. That and Max power on the layer is the upper limit, so you can control the scope of the power ‘curve’.

It’s more flexibility and with flexibility you get a more complicated product. Such is life… :crazy_face:

Actually I would say if the user asks for a speed above the machine limit, it SHOULD refuse the job. Because it’s just going to run too slow, fail to cut and waste the stock.

This can be onerous. See, there are per-axis limits, right? So if it’s 1000mm/s in x or y, vertical and horizontal lines will hit the limit at 1000 but a 45 deg diagonal won’t hit the axis limit until 1414mm/s

It’s simply a design choice made by Ruida.

oké, thans for the info

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.