Can't get LB bridge to connect to laser

thanks for the gentle response. when I first set about trying to put this together, I thought I had done enough research that I believed that Ruida was not only a specific piece of hardware, but it also sounded like a comm standard of its own–and SOMEWHERE, I swear, I saw that the Bridge helped mimic that interface (I forget the term I mean–emulate, maybe?). Anyway, now I know. Learning curve is steeper than i thought! (for me, anyway). Cheers!

No worries, we appreciate the enthusiasm!
We would like to support more devices in the future and gcode controllers like yours are definitely on that list. But the original reason for this was to fix communication issues specifically between recent versions of Mac OS and Ruida controllers. So we started with that and are moving from there.

2 Likes

More like an overhang

:smiley_cat:

1 Like

Hi Adam, i have just received my pi from lightburn tried to hook up and have no luck, maybe my lack of knowledge, changed up address on the controller to 10.0.3.3 connected Ethernet cable that came with the pi and it does not reconise controller, put back usb and that connects okay, any advice would be appreciated

Have you used ethernet on that machine before? Sometimes the external port is not actually connected. So that would be my first thing to check.
And I assume that you can connect to the bridge but you are getting the “No laser connected to bridge” message?

No have not connected by Ethernet,will try your suggestion tomorrow, thanks for the suggestion

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.