Can't input my DSP license

I purchased the non DSP version for one computer which connects to a Ortus (GRBL) laser and then installed that version on my second computer which is going to connect to my Ruida. I plan to connect to the Ruida by LAN so I tried to do a manual setup and Ruida isn’t on the list of controllers! I then connected to the Ruida via USB and it found it but says I don’t have a DSP license. So I purchased one and have the key but Lightburn keeps asking to install a controller which it won’t install (the Ruida) and just exits if I quit out of the controller setup so I can’t enter the DSP key. How do I get out of the Gordian knot?

before install lightburn i alawys install the original software first, its good for some things like driver etc

1 Like

When you say, “…I don’t have a DSP license. So I purchased one…”, did you purchase the upgrade from GCode to DSP, or did you buy a new key completely? If entirely new key, you will need to deactivate the current GCode key and then enter the new DSP key.

1 Like

I purchased a new license. Didn’t know there was an upgrade path. However, water under the bridge, I’ll deactivate the old key. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.