Ceremark Metal Marking

Each one with the felt pen on the right. Last one without it

Wow, the top sharpie does look very good, on bad steel I have gotten results much worse than that with Cermark.

What type of laser do you have, My 65 watt will not make any mark at all on stainless with no marking material.

Impressive… thanks for sharing

Now doing it with a 130 CO2 one, but started a couple of years ago with a 10Wdiode which at the very beginning gave me good results too.

1 Like

hi everybody i am panos from thessaloniki greece
i have a fiber laser 30 watt from china betoplaser
i use 304 inox mat and i make black marking on pendants
i wear it, after 3 or 5 days tha black marking is start to go
because of the sweat (Chemical reaction) said the manufacture
can i make black marking for ever on the pendant?

The cermark products are a sore spot with me. The price point is absurd. Yes it’s a specialty item and in turn commands a premium in price. But $100! Come on. Different genre but Its light that BBQ junkies that purchase Slow N Sear products. That flimsy little metal insert costs as much as the Weber Kettle you out it in. Nonsense.

I got a new black Sharpie (very different design than the one posted here), burned it on steel using 15W at even as low as 0.1mm/s , still, a little rubbing and it comes off.

At one point, I was just going to make my own metal marking compound. The ingredients are not secret (although the specific chemical identities are…)

But this stuff (and especially the handling of its raw materials) is kind of toxic. Use with care when handling Thermark or Cermark.

Links to the Material Safety Data Sheets for these products:

Thermark LMM-14
http://www.engraversnetwork.com/files/MSDS-LMM-14_Paste.pdf

Cermark LMM-6000