CH340 GRBL - And a very new beginner

Hello All,

I am a very new beginner and I’m very much learning as I’m going here.

I have one of the very basic desktop lasers that uses the CH340 3018 Nano Controllers and GRBL.

I’m really wanting to use this Lightburn software and I’m trying to get my laser set up correctly.

So the first thing that I notice with Lightburn is:
If I use the other kinds of basic software, I can manually move the laser position with no problem, although the x-axis is reversed. When I try to do the same thing in Lightburn, clicking on the left arrow, it moves right…click on the right arrow, it moves left (I realize this is because of a mirror setting someplace), but then when I try to move it up or down, the laser doesn’t move and it grinds on the belt. I’m assuming this is because of a Y1, Y2 slave setting somewhere, correct ?

My ultimate goal is that I want the laser to have a home position at the top left when I’m looking down on the laser and I want it to print correctly from left to right, exactly as I see it on my screen…not mirrored or reversed.

As for the machine type in the device settings, I selected the first type of GRBL. There are two more after that, but I’m not familiar enough to know if I should have selected one of them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if I could chat with someone knowledgeable in this, online, I would appreciate that as well.

This is the laser I have:

Thank you in advance,

Todd

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.