Co2 rotary able to use with fibre?

Hello all,

I have 2 rotary devices for my Co2 lasers, they have 3 pin connectors.

When I bought the fibre laser I asked the chinese man if I could use these rotaries with the fibre, he said yes I can.

BUT the fibre laser has a 4 pin connector required.

1/ Does the fibre need 4 pins? I don’t see how it’s doing any different than it does for the Co2s

2/ Can I swap out the 4 pin connector on the box for a 3 pin?

3/ None of the above and I have to buy yet another rotary device.

many thanks

You’re Co2 laser is probably set up for 3 phase stepper motors. 3 wires = 3 phase. 4 wires = 2 phase.

1 Like

Thanks,

So could I swap out the fibre stepper driver for a 3 phase one? Or are the motors also different.

I can’t advise on that. I think I would just get a 2 phase rotary.

1 Like

Following along.
I don’t see why you couldn’t do that, looks simple enough, and a new microstep driver is a lot less then a new rotary. Take some photos of the innards if you go that way please.

1 Like

I agree. I just didn’t want to void any warranty he might have. It should be straight forward.

2 Likes

Same motor, different driver. Most of the companies will void your warranty doing this, although it’s a relatively simple swap.

I think @Albroswift is correct with the suggestion to swap out the motor driver in the fiber.

Both of my machines are two phase and I use whatever rotary is best for the situation on either machine.

Double check the pin out before you wire them up… I know of no kept standard with these…

:smile_cat:

1 Like

I have that exact same Roller Rotary as that one in the photo, above. I am having trouble with skewed images trying to do tumblers. It is the rotary device that LightObject threw in when I bought their Ranger III Co2 laser which, comes with no operator’s manual and I have to call them every time I have an issue with the laser.

There are lots of anomalies that can occur with these, roller or chuck. Please post a photo so we can see what’s it’s doing…

:smile_cat:

I’ve decided to buy a new rotary for the fibre, and keep everything seperate then I know I’m not messing things up and each is meant for the right laser.

I appreciate everyones replies.

3 Likes

If you still need the manual
https://lightobject.com/download/