ComMarker B4 20W | Import / Find My Laser?

I recently upgraded my license for Glavo and and trying to connect to my ComMarker B4.

Light Burn is not finding the laser (this is after checking the Galvo driver box during lightburn upgrade).

Anyone have any tips for me?!

Second queston:

I want to do my design work on my PC that is remote. After getting my laptop connected to the laser (which is my problem above); how do I create an importable .lbdev file for this laser so that I can upload it on my PC? Is there one already out there for the 110 lens ComMarker B4?

Thanks RBO

Light Burn 1.4.04

Searching turns up nothing here:

I cannot help directly with your installation problem, but if you haven’t seen this already, here is the ComMarker video regarding Lightburn.

1 Like

Thank you! I was able to get it manually installed with that tutorial.

I may have missed a setting in the device settings thought… The output is etching upside down and mirrored…

To make my problem clear… I have the word test written normally in lightburn and my etching with the B4 looks like this:

Change to ‘Galvo 2 is X axis’

From the Doc’s :

@Mooseuk Thank you greatly sir! Much help this morning!

In the tutorial it has me changing the min and max frequency:

The Com Marker site has this table with a range from 0-4000 khz…

Only reason I’m asking about this is because the 4000 is so much larger than the default values… But I’m planning to change these to 20-4000 (since 20 seems to be the lower bound default.) Is this appropriate?

On Amazon the ComMaker B4 ‘Raycus’ is showing the frequency as 20 - 60 khz, which is about what I would expect. Mopa types have a much larger range.

Laser Source 30W 50W 60W Raycus/ 20W Max
Power 20w/30w/50w/60W
Working Area 110mm110mm /200mm200mm
Laser Wavelength 1064nm
Marking Speed 0-15000mm/s
Frequency 20-60kHz
Support Software EzCad 2 (we provide) / Lightburn
1 Like

Ahh nice find. Glad I brought it up… Does seem more reasonable. Thank you sir

Just a follow up here for anyone digging in the future on the Com Marker B4 -

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.