Compressed image when using rotary tool

Hi! Just received my longer rotary tool today and trying to get set up. I have the settings in LightBurn set according to the instructions. I have an image that I’m trying to burn on a stainless tumbler that is 3.5”x2.5”. When I press start the laser is burning a SUPER compressed version of that image. It ends up looking like lines. The number 23 is in my design and I was able to make out that number but it’s almost too small to see. What am I doing wrong?

If it’s compressed then it sounds like the settings for the roller are likely not set correctly.

If you haven’t already, I’d start by making a mark on the edge of your roller and pressing the test button to make sure its making a full 360 degree rotation. If you have calipers I would also verify the roller diameter.

This video is for the D1 but it still shows the process of measuring the roller and you can see the mark I made to verify it is rotating 360 degrees:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.