Computer Hard Drive Getting Hammered - LB Freezing / Locking Up

Is anyone else having any issues with their computer freezing while running LightBurn? It’s become an issue, seemingly since the latest .9 update, where my hard drive is running non-stop, after some random amount of time running LightBurn. It’s bad enough that I can’t even ctrl+alt+del, and I have to force the laptop to shut down.

For reference, I’m running Windows 7, x64 on a Dell Vostro i5 laptop. I think we’re just going to make the upgrade to Windows 10, but I thought I’d start a post seeing if anyone else was experiencing this.

Have not had this reported before. Any additional info you can provide to help us track this down? Random amount of time…what where you doing at the time or just prior? Can you reproduced this?

The fact that it hasn’t been reported before probably means it’s something unique to me. I think I’ve narrowed it down, and I think it’s actually Excel 2013 that’s causing the issue. I’ve been running LB for hours now without Excel open, and it’s doing just fine. I think I’m going to chalk it up to Excel for now. I was just thinking with the new update, maybe there was something that was affecting others, and it wasn’t M$ shit. I should have known…

1 Like

Fire back if issue re-surfaces. :slight_smile:

For reference, perhaps you should not use a hammer on your computer hard drive and expect the computer to continue working properly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, no, that’s not what I meant. Somehow it got a hold of my liquor, and was just drinking excessively. It makes sense, now that I think about it.

2 Likes