Connecting genmitsu proverxl 1010 to lightburn

Hi all,
have a upgraded genmitsu proverxl 4030 cnc router that i am trying to connect to light burn. I believe the grbl version is 1.1h. I am having difficulty adding it to my lightburn device listing. any help would be great

brad

What is actually happening when you try to add the device and what is the complication preventing it from happening?

nothing really happens. I have tried adding it manually by using grbl for 1.1h and higher, set the machine size and then tried jogging the machine and no movement takes place. I do have candle installed from the manufacturer and all jogging and movement functionality is working

Okay. So you’re saying the device is getting added but you’re not connecting properly?

Can you take a screenshot of Device Settings and a full screenshot of LightBurn with Laser window showing?

i can. please keep in mind that I am not using a laser, it a cnc router running a grbl controller. not sure which grbl option is the right one to build the machine under

What version of GRBL are you running?

Separately, are you planning to try operating the CNC using LightBurn? While you may be able to coax this to somewhat work it really is not an ideal solution.

the grbl version is 1.1h. yes I was intending to use lightburn to control it. not a fan of candle so far.

Choose “GRBL” device type, not any of the variants.

Are you intending for LightBurn to create the toolpath or just using LightBurn to jog the laser and run g-code created in a separate CAM package?

I will try that in the manual creation window.
yes I would like to use for toolpath creation as well as movement of the machine when not cutting material. in essence use it instead of the candle program

Okay. I’m not familiar with Candle and not sure what it is about the program that you don’t like but be aware that doing this in LightBurn will require a lot of manual setup and calculation. For example, LightBurn has no concept of tooling or router bits. Tool width is not considered at all so would need to be worked around. Handling of Z-axis is fairly rudimentary and LightBurn works inherently on a 2D plane. Creating toolpaths for a 3D shape would require you to manually design and track the 3D volume as “slices” of 2D operations.

If you have very modest needs you could potentially do this without too much fuss but things get increasingly complicated very quickly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.