Connecting via ethernet what choice to choose

I am new to this and I am trying to connect to my opt laser and I see most of the choices when installing are all usb. What do i choose for a diode laser via ethernet.

Does your controller/firmware support Ethernet? You have not identified what you are using to drive this system.

Yes its connected to port 3 on the smooth stepper. I have a cncrouterparts desktop pro.

Sorry Howard, but I am unfamiliar with this equipment. The GCode version of LightBurn supports Cohesion3D, Smoothieware, Grbl, Marlin, and Grbl-LPC based controllers.

LightBurn does not support the SmoothStepper controller. These are specifically designed for Mach3 / Mach4, where that software acts as the controller. You could export GCode from LightBurn and load it from Mach, but LightBurn will not directly control a SmoothStepper.

I thought I could use lightburn to generate the gcode but when I start lightburn and it doesnt conect to a laser I cant proceed. The program exits. Is there a way to log in without connecting to a laser. And thanks for all the help.

If you click ‘Devices’ in the ‘Laser’ window and then click ‘Create Manually’. Choose GRBL-M3 and complete the process, filling out the required information and finish. This will create a profile for you to use to generate your gcode. After you create the job you want, click ‘Save GCode’ in that same ‘Laser’ window to save the file for further post-processing externally.

You do not need to be connected to the controller for this to work.

Thank you very much, you just save me a few days of research.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.