Critical issue with new version 1.2.01 -- OFFSET + file compatibility

Hey guys,

I’m having 2 huge problems with your new update:

• Troubles to offset my shapes (City streets) since I have installed the latest version of Lightburn yesterday.

• Can’t open LBRN files properly from an older version; they are turned upside down (??)

Regarding the first pb : Many parts of the shapes are just disappearing while I want to offset 0.1 or any numbers two times in a row, so many shape disappear when they shouldn’t. (I had the issue sometimes before without any explanation, but now this happens systematically and on a lot of shapes)

Please find in attachment some elements to explain. I have the issue with most of my files and this is a critical problem. It seems that i can’t put my .AI file here, let me know if you need it i will send it to you.

Is there a way that I can reinstall the older version ?

I’m happy to provide more elements to you.

Thanks,

Hi Alexis,

You can always download prior versions of LightBurn, see here: https://forum.lightburnsoftware.com/t/how-do-i-find-older-versions-of-lightburn/9104

It’s possible that the offset tool’s settings have changed from what you’re used to in your prior install of LightBurn - have you tried disabling/enabling Delete Original Objects and Optimize / Simplify results?

If you want to keep your file private, please email it to support@lightburnsoftware.com and put Colin in the subject line.

Hey Colin thanks.

Yes I have tried to play around with the options but I can’t find a way around… Guess I will have to offset it with Illustrator.

What about the older version’s files ? When I open it they are upside down and I need to turn them all manually which takes long time. Do you have a fix for that ?

Attached some examples on how it is when I open it and how it should be

Changing the coordinate system or changing hardware can reverse the image along one or both axes.

If you have switched lasers you may need to mirror the image to get it back to the way you want with a new coordinate system.

I would have thought it would be the ‘origin’ setting in ‘Device Settings’?

Not the ‘job origin’… :confused:

:smile_cat:

You’re right…
Post edited.

You haven’t specified the options that you are currently using, so it’s next to impossible to suggest a fix. The offset tool has had some new options added, but the existing functionality has not changed.

The files flipping is likely because you changed your device origin setting. Files are stored relative to that origin, so if you load a file that you created with the machine origin in the bottom left, and then change the origin to top left, the file will flip vertically.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.